Do I need to provide ID?
It depends. To register by mail you must have either a driver's license number or a DMV-issued ID number or the last four digits of your Social Security Number. When registering for the first time by mail you will additionally need to include a copy of one of the following:
- Valid District of Columbia DMV-issued ID
- Government check or paycheck*
- Bank Statement*
- Utility bill (The issue, bill, or statement date must be within 90 days of Election Da)
- Lease, student housing statement/tuition bill or homeless shelter occupancy statement
- Other government document that shows the name and address of the voter