Accessible Remote Ballot (ARB) Marking System
The Accessible Remote Ballot (ARB) Marking System is an electronic ballot marking system that allows voters with disabilities to vote privately and independently. ARB is HAVA and ADA compliant, and compatible with a variety of assistive devices, including all major screen readers, tactile switches, closed captioning, and audio-enabled systems.
- Accurate and efficient ballot delivery
- Accessible vote-by-mail alternative
- Audio-enabled and accessible for all voters
- Easy to use, intuitive interface
- Allows voters to cast their ballot privately and independently
How to request and access the ARB Marking System:
- 1. Complete the ARB Marking System Request Form and email it to the ADA Coordinator at [email protected].
- 2. The ADA Coordinator will process your ARB request and send you an email with a unique link to your official ballot. Do not share the link with anyone.
- 3. Click the link and log into the secure online portal with your name and birth date, and then complete the ballot. If needed, use your assistive device/technology to read and mark your ballot with your choices.
- 4. Follow all included instructions, print your voted ballot and return it to the Board by mail, or at any Mail Ballot Drop Box or Vote Center location. PLEASE NOTE: Voted ballots cannot be returned via email.
Contact the ADA Coordinator at [email protected] or call (202) 727-5411 / 711 (TTY) for more info or assistance.