Primary Election - Sample Ballots
Primary Election - Ballots Received
Important Information Regarding the 2022 Primary Election
- DCBOE will mail each registered DC voter a mail-in ballot ahead of the June 21, 2022 Primary Election.
- To ensure that you receive your mail-in ballot at the correct address, it is critical that you CHECK and UPDATE (if necessary) your voter registration.
- Mail ballot drop boxes will be distributed to 55 locations throughout the District, and will be open to voters starting in late May. Once mail ballot drop boxes open, voters will be able to return their voted mail-in ballots to any mail ballot drop box location until 8:00 p.m. EDT on June 21.
- Voters may also cast their vote by returning their voted mail-in ballot via USPS, or in person at any Vote Center during the Early Voting period or on Election Day.
Key Dates and Deadlines
- DCBOE begins sending mail-in ballots to all registered voters: May 16, 2022
- Mail Ballot Drop Boxes open: May 27, 2022
- Deadline to update voter registration with party affiliation: May 31, 2022
- Deadline to request Absentee Ballot*: June 6, 2022
- Deadline for UOCAVA voters to request an Absentee Ballot: June 18, 2022
- Early Voting period: June 10 - 19, 2022
- Primary Election Day: June 21, 2022
- Deadline for DCBOE to receive voted Absentee Ballots: June 28, 2022
*Given that DCBOE is mailing all registered DC voters a mail-in ballot, you do NOT need to request an Absentee Ballot unless you will be away from your DC residence during the 2022 Primary Election.
Draft calendars of the 2022 Primary and General Elections
List of Candidates